The medication is utilized for treating inflammation, swelling, or skin itching. Common itching conditions against which it is effective include dermatitis, eczema, insect bites, rashes, allergies, poison ivy and similar others.
How to Take Drug
- The first step that you should take before the application of the medicine is to clean affected areas and drying them.
- Application procedures require a gentle massage with little quantity of the cream on affected areas and skin surrounding them.
- You should never wrap, cover or bandage the treated area unless instructed by your physician.
- You should avoid using tight diapers or plastic pants on younger family members, if they are treated by the medication in lower body areas.
- You should prevent the area around your eyes from being in contact with the medication till your doctor say so.
- Avoid using the medication around eyes if suffering from glaucoma.
- Avoid using it if sores or infection are present on the treatment area.
- Although unlikely, it can be absorbed inside your bloodstream.
- It should be used with utmost care if the patient is expecting or having a baby. The risks are still unknown, so you should be extra-cautious.
- The medication might mix with the breast milk, so you should consult your doctor prior to breast-feeding.
- You should confirm the doctors your past and present mediation history before they prescribe you Kenalog. Information of all prescribed and non-prescribed drug including prednisone or drugs of similar nature along with other skin ointments should be provided to them.
- You should never begin or cease medicine consumption without the approval of your doctor.
- The medication might cause stinging, burning, redness or itching after first application on your skin. However, they disappear with time. If they worsen, doctor should be consulted on an urgent basis.
- Previous infections in skin might worsen while using the medication.
- Although the effects are unlikely to take place, still you can find weight loss, unusual weakness, vomiting/nausea, dizziness or fainting.
Missing a dose might leave some harmful effects on the application area. Henceforth, you should take it whenever you remember it for avoiding such complications. Again if the time should be nearer to the next dose, you should avoid the missed one. In that case, you will prevent the occurrence of overdoses in your life.
Overdose symptoms are yet to be actually confirmed by doctors. However after you start taking the medication and you notice something peculiar happening with your body systems, it is the time when you should check with your doctor to the earliest.
It should never be kept above 30 degrees and it should be kept away from the reach of younger family members. Again, the cap should be properly closed and then kept in its storing place.